Why Choose Us
Finding Your Financial Partner For Life
Many of the clients who come to us have been looking for something that they’ve never been able to find – a real relationship with a financial advisor who has all of the expertise they need, but who’s also willing to put them first. At Strait & Sound, we are not trying to be all things to all people. We are trying to be the right things to the right people. This is why our clients choose us. Our relationship is a great fit for them, the kind of fit they’d never experienced before working with us.
In a spirit of transparency, we’d like to describe both who is a great fit for us and who is not. Let’s start by focusing on who’s not a great fit. You’re probably not right for us if:
- Your sole focus is to get the highest investment returns possible. While investment returns matter to us too, we know that that’s only part of the picture.
- You watch stock tickers all day long and then watch investment news during the evening. Our clients have better things to do with their time and expect us to be on the ball.
- You take a wait and see approach with advisors, waiting to see what kinds of returns they produce before you commit to a long-term relationship.
- Don’t want a relationship with a financial advisor and instead prefer an app. There are all kinds of great apps today and we use them too. But at the end of the day, no computer system or phone can truly understand you or take the kinds of actions that need to be taken on your behalf. Only a human being can do that.
- Want to give orders to someone you expect to do your bidding. We are professionals and have a lot of experience at what we do. Most importantly, our clients look to us to hold them accountable over time to do the right things. If you don’t want an accountability partner, we’re probably not right for you.
Having defined who is probably not right for us, let’s look at who really loves working with us. You’re probably the right fit for us if:
- You’re looking for a fiduciary – someone who is 100% committed to acting in your best interest and has the expertise to do so.
- You want to form a long-lasting relationship right from the start and know that it takes time and a willingness to be completely open about what matters to you regarding your wealth.
- You want someone who will come to understand your financial position today, your goals for the future and then create a plan that is optimized to achieve your goals.
- Have some level of complexity in your financial situation, including a good income, tax concerns, real estate and other assets, investments, an estate plan and charitable intent.
- You need someone to help you wrap your arms around everything and create the right plan so that things go the way you want them to go, rather than leaving things to chance.
- You know you don’t know everything and want the advice and support of people who can take expert action on your behalf.
- You want someone who can be an advisor to your entire family, including adult children who are just getting started in life.
- Prefer to spend your Friday nights with loved ones doing fun things that make your life meaningful rather than spending time on money issues.
If this is the kind of relationship you seek, you’ve come to the right place. Just fill out the form below so we can start the dialogue.